Creating a healthy dental routine for your family
- Posted on: May 15 2021
During these uncertain times, it is important for all of us to maintain a regular routine. With the changes that have occurred with the recent pandemic of COVID-19, many adults and children are dealing with poor structure to their day. The daily structure of work, school, and daycare often make it easier to maintain oral hygiene, but with these structures changed due to working and learning from home, it is easy to let oral hygiene habits fall to the wayside.
Below are a few recommendations to maintaining good overall health and keeping that healthy dental routine in place:
- Set regular sleep and wake times, as the right amount of sleep contributes to the proper functioning of the immune system.
- Brush teeth twice a day, and floss once a day. Use a timer to ensure children are brushing for at least two minutes.
- Maintain a healthy diet free from sugary foods and beverages that are just empty calories, such as sodas. Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables over cookies and chips.
- Encourage kids to choose water before they choose sodas and other sugary beverages when they are thirsty.
- Make sure you maintain your child’s (and your!) dental appointments every six months for cleanings and evaluations.
- Call the dentist if you notice any unusual changes to your oral health or a problem arise between routine visits.
Maintaining a routine can be hard during these times, but it is critical not only for oral health, but overall health and wellness. The changes that have occurred during this pandemic have changed the lives of many, but setting that structure for your family will make all the difference in ensuring everyone stays healthy—not only physically, but emotionally!
Are you interested in learning more about creating a healthy dental routine for your smile?
Connect with Dr. David S. Frey of Beverly Hills, California by calling (310) 276-4537 to request an appointment at 462 North Linden Drive, Suite #414. Our facility is open to new and established patients and families who want the best when it comes to achieving and maintaining their oral health with a dental professional who cares!
Posted in: General Dentistry