What are the Benefits of Placing Dental Implants?
- Posted on: Sep 30 2018
Tooth loss can occur to anyone. It may be a result of periodontal disease, large areas of decay, or injury to the mouth. It doesn’t mean that you can’t have a perfect smile! Dr. David S. Frey of Beverly Hills, CA is a dedicated dentist who works with patients in the area to restore their smile when tooth loss occurs. One of the most popular options chosen by his patients is that of dental implants.
How the dental implant works
A dental implant is a post made from titanium metal that functions as a replacement for a natural tooth root. The dentist will place the implant into the bone of the jaw and allow a process called osseointegration to occur. This is the growth of bone around the implant to hold it in place and give it th stability and strength it requires to function at its best.
What are the benefits of dental implants?
Dental implants are:
- Versatile – implants can be used to replace a single tooth, several teeth in a row, or to even hold and stabilize full dentures.
- Affordable – though costlier up front to place and restore, these restorations can last a lifetime, making them an affordable option over the course of time.
- Long Lasting – dental implants can last decades with proper care and attention
- Natural-looking – dental implants are restored over the top with natural-looking restorations to ensure seamless integration into the smile.
- Strength- because implants use the bone of the jaw for a foundation, they are stronger and more durable than alternative solutions.
Schedule a Consultation
If you are interested in finding out if you are a candidate for the placement of dental implants and want to move forward with an experienced dental professional, we welcome you to book an appointment with Dr. David S. Frey today to discuss this as an option for tooth replacement. Call (310) 279-4537 and visit the Beverly Hills, CA area location at 461 North Linden Drive, Suite 414. We welcome you to book an appointment with our professionals to find out about implants and other tooth restoration solutions used to achieve beautiful, healthy smiles for life!
Posted in: Dental Implants